April 30, 2014

Ken Jennings

My mom was flipping through channels and couldn't find anything exciting, so we just put it back on to Jeopardy. A woman won after a 7 day winning streak, and it reminded me of Ken Jennings. My mom is a big fan of Ken Jennings and his majestic brain.

If you don't know anything about Ken Jennings, he was the first multi-day winning champion after Jeopardy changed their rules about how long a champion can come back for from serial wins. Originally, champions would only be able to stay for about 5 rounds. So here comes Ken Jennings with his mind mastery and recall abilities and wins over $2.5 million for 74 straight games. Like, whaaaaaaaaaat??

I'm only bringing this up because I made my mom laugh hysterically for several minutes, and I didn't think it was quite that funny. All I said was, Ken Jennings defragments his mind every weekend. She must not think I'm very clever either, because she asked if I heard that somewhere before. But after I thought about it, I realized I don't really tell a whole lot of jokes to her, and I don't very often make her laugh like that, as it had taken me aback. Maybe because she just doesn't really laugh much anymore in general. I'm just happy she is feeling a little less strung out after a dramatic weekend for her. Introducing her to Clumsy Ninja may have helped out too; that little dude always seems to brighten my mood.

And in case you didn't know:


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it catches me off guard too when my mom and dad laughs. Things have been so serious lately.

    Thanks so much for the positive feedback on my film!! And in response to your question, I found the footage on the Prelinger archives. You should check it out. Super cool.

    ReplyDelete