March 8, 2014

Las Vegas

October 2013


If drunken people, prostitution, and gambling is what you think of when you hear the words "Las Vegas", you're right. It wasn't for me. Instead of partaking in these shenanigans, my friends and I went to see Absinthe, the Bellagio Fountains, and particularly City and Colour at the House of Blues.



They were amazing. Dallas Green sounds live just as he does in the recording booth. Also randomly awesome, House of Blues was cool enough to re-gram my photo of City and Colour on Instagram. 

My friends and I were standing near a group of girls who ended up being there primarily for the opening band, The Paper Kites, and left when City and Colour came on in order to meet them outside. 


To be fair, the Australian band is pretty legit even live, when I heard this song "Bloom" for the first time.

I don't get to see my friends very often. We all met each other in San Antonio when I was in school for dosimetry and went our separate ways. I'm very glad we keep in touch often, and we're making it a habit of seeing each other (hopefully) at least once a year. This year we'll be meeting up in Seattle to see Young the Giant. I'm really excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment