March 22, 2014

Double Feature

I'm going to try to see two movies in theaters this weekend. Yay!

Divergent

Because I read the book, I have to see the movie, of course. The trailer looks okay, but I'm pretty happy that Kate Winslet got the role of Jeanine. I have a feeling that is a pretty solid casting. I don't know much about Shailene Woodley or Theo James, and I'm hoping it won't turn out "Twilight-y". The only book-turned-movie I've ever been 100% happy with was Catching Fire. Which was FANTASTIC, by the way (Can I take this time to say that Sam Claflin looks really, really good as a blonde?).



The Grand Budapest Hotel

I didn't even hear about this film until last weekend when my mom was watching a behind-the-scenes preview sort of snippet on TV about it. It supposedly released earlier than today, but was not available at my local theaters until this weekend, according to my mom. Not quite sure that's true. The cinematography looks fantastic from what I can tell, the cast is star-studded, and the trailer seems to show a quirkiness reminiscent to Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tenenbaums. Unsurprisingly, all of these films are directed by the same person. It's been reviewed as 8.4/10 on IMDB, so I'm pretty excited. That high of a rating doesn't happen very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment