March 5, 2014

Perfect Man

You know that feeling you get when someone you find incredibly attractive comes into the room and you suddenly can't focus on anything you were doing and you're hyper sensitive about where that person is in the room and what they're saying and you JUST CAN'T?


Now imagine that feeling if the person isn't just very, very attractive, but pretty much the most perfect sample of humanity you've ever met.

Meet David, M.D.
Tall, handsome, Adonis body, deep voice, fantastic eyes and smile, full head of chestnut brown hair with flecks of grey at his temples, speaks fluent Spanish and German (who knows what else), athletic (he surfs on the weekends and works out a bunch), adorably goofy, very funny, incredibly smart (he's a doctor, hello), successful, a huge flirt...

THIS MAN. Dear God, this man. I work with him. It literally took me months, MONTHS, to be able to be in the same room with him without hyperventilating and sweating profusely and blushing crimson when he speaks to me. I'm certain he noticed that I'm terribly attracted to him, because he's been smiling and winking at me ever since. Sorry everyone, I regret to inform you that this will lead nowhere productive for me: he is married. With children. You can't really expect a perfect man to be passed over by any woman. But it's sure fun to fantasize! Especially after starting to watch Grey's Anatomy last weekend.


One of the more recent encounters I had with him involved a pretty strange stunt on his part. I was sitting at my cubicle and he came by to say hi and then suddenly jumped up on the threshold of the cubicle and held himself up towards the ceiling as he said, "I like doing this." That being a really weird thing to do, I was speechless as you can imagine, but also because it tugged at his tucked shirt and I could see the outline of his torso really well (yup, I was staring). He went and did something else afterwards, and I was still too shocked to do anything until I laughed to myself all the way back home.

Sadly, and also relievingly, he will be completing his residency in June or July and shall be moving away where I will in all likelihood never see him again. I will miss him, but I will not miss the distraction. Pretty sure I'm going to need a photo, though. Yes. Yeah. Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment