April 19, 2014

Almost Freedom

Well, I finally came out to my mom about wanting to move eventually, and I have to say, I was very smooth about it. I was asking her what "solar heating" means, because I was reading it on Trulia home descriptions, and she says, "Why, are you going to move?" And I say, "Eventually. If I accumulate money the way I have been, I think I'll be able to put down 20% for something around 2017," which implies that I don't want to live with her without actually saying it. After some time passes, she comes back to me and says she's glad I told her my plans because now she won't be able to go on any more vacations, so she can save up for the three years I have left here. That makes me sad, because she's my main vacation buddy, but I think that'll be fair for both of us. I don't feel like I'll be abandoning her this way, staying for 3 years (ugh, so long), and she has plenty of time to prepare herself financially. But not being able to go on vacations and knowing that I don't want to live with her for the rest of my days is going to make her sad, and therefore me sad.


As an unforeseen consequence, I will need a new travel buddy for the coming years. I WANT TO GO PLACES. Then there's this nagging in the back of my head to look for a new boyfriend. However, I'm still at the point where I don't trust men, that they're all sleezy scumbags. ALL OF THEM. Look at the media. None of them are trustworthy. Cheating is commonplace. Monogamy is a myth. I have absolutely no optimism regarding future relationships. When I was in my last one, I thought I felt happy when I was with him, but if he wasn't around, all of this doubt and distrust swept over me (with good reason) and lead to a lot of stress. That's not happiness at all. I feel very happy by myself; I don't even feel lonely. But I worry that I might have been ruined trust-wise for all future men, though I hope that's not the case. Either way, when I feel my baby clock go off I'm going to have a baby whether I have someone else or not. Sperm donation! Why not?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Abs! It sounds like the talk with your mom was well handled. I bet it's not an easy conversation to have. It took me quite a bit to convince my mom I should stay in Minnesota for the summer.

    As for the men, I'm sorry you're feeling like you only know sleazy scumbags. I think they are some genuine ones out there. Time works? In the meantime, ilk you said, be very happy by yourself! In a relationship, the love will only multiply. (I'm a love guru, hahaha, not.)

    Btw, thanks for the super sweet card! Sadly, the mix CD didn't appear to have any music on it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What! No music! Man, that sucks haha. I can write the playlist!

      1. "From Roots to Needles" by If These Trees Could Talk
      2. "Leaving Tonight" by The Neighborhood
      3. "Tessellate (Alt-J Cover)" by Ellie Goulding
      4. "Bloom" by The Paper Kites
      5. "Ash Tree Lane" by MS MR
      6. "Nothing In My Way" by Keane
      7. "Youth" by Daughter
      8. "The Lightening Strike" by Snow Patrol
      9. "All Comes Down" by Kodaline
      10. "Islands" by Young the Giant
      11. "Fresh Pair of Eyes" by Brooke Waggoner
      12. "Feeling Good" by Muse
      13. "Thirst" by City and Colour
      14. "The One That Got Away" by The Civil Wars
      15. "The Way" by Fastball
      16. "Trying Your Luck" by The Strokes
      17. "Inside Out" by Eve 6
      18. "Come A Little Closer" by Cage the Elephant
      19. "Time of Your Life" by Green Day
      20. "Eyes On Fire" by Blue Foundation

      And if you didn't see my link yet about how to download music for freeeee it's here:
      http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

      Enjoy!

      Delete