April 4, 2014

Français

Je veux apprendre le français, mais la programme que j'utilise est ... I haven't even learned how to say negatives yet, but to finish my sentence in English, the program I'm using isn't very logical in its flow of knowledge. There are things I want to learn before my trip to Paris this summer, but Duolingo has you learn everything in a very specific and illogical order. I haven't even learned numbers yet. Or directions. Or useful things. Instead, I learn things like "Tu manges comme un cochon!" and "Elle veut être nue."


I'm stuck having to learn an exorbitant amount of verbs first, which is very difficult to accomplish. BUT. It's still pretty decent for a free and online language learning program. I started using it last fall, so I don't think my progress is entirely terrible. There are a lot of quirks, but each question allows a discussion to follow if there is a concern or error that can help you better understand weird sentence structures. Meanwhile, you aren't allowed to progress further until you have learned what you're meant to. The Duolingo program utilises written translations, listening and dictating, and oral pronunciations, so it's pretty well rounded.

My issue with learning languages has always been the verbal part. I cannot speak languages for crap, but I can certainly read and write them. I know there are a lot of English speakers in France, so it's not entirely necessary to learn a lot of the language, but it's at least more respectful to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment