May 28, 2014

Counting Down

The Paris/London trip is officially just one month away! I'm getting a little anxious now for the Paris portion because none of the plans in that city are set in stone, especially since our arrival date may or may not consist of us sleeping all day from jet lag. My mom and I will be leaving the United States in the afternoon of Wednesday and arrive in France in the morning of Thursday after 11 hours stuffed in an economy class seat with no leg room. We would like to be able to sleep during the flight to help out with the time change, but I've never been successful at sleeping on a plane in all my years. I will be taking precautions though: hardly sleeping at all the night before, possibly waking up at 2:00 am, and taking sleep aids just before the flight. Hopefully all of that will be enough.

The London portion of the trip is a little more solidified. We have some experiences booked, including tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera and a ride on the London Eye timed for when the Tour de France cyclists should approximately pass by just across the river. I'll have my zoom lens out for sure. I'm also planning on heading up to Leavesden, north of London and home to Warner Brothers Studios' The Making of Harry Potter, where I will walk through a replica of the Great Hall among other things. I'll even try their butterbeer despite negative reviews! Although, I suppose I could wait to try butterbeer when I visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida next year to accompany one of my business trips. Yes, I certainly could.

Also, I updated my INFJ post to include some new tidbits and insights in case anyone was interested. Boop.

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to Europe one day. I'd first want to go to Italy because I really want to put the Italian I know to use. And of course, see all the amazing art and eat all the amazing food.

    I think your precaution plans sound good. Perhaps once you guys arrive in Paris, you two might be too excited to even sleep. Perhaps. I haven't experience jet lag, so until I experience it, I'll underestimate how bad it is.

    Planning on going to museums when you're at Paris on London?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to visit Italy, too! My mom went a few years ago and she said Florence was her favorite city. The Amalfi Coast looks like it would be gorgeous in person, too.

      I only experienced severe jet lag once, when I was 11 visiting Norway with my grandparents. I remember having to sleep in the car during the day while my grandparents visited relatives, and being awake at night. :(

      Yes, definitely going to lots of art museums. We're expecting the Louvre to take all day to walk through. There's so much to see in both London and Paris that even with a week in each city I'm having a hard time finding room to see everything we want to! Especially with trips outside of the city like the palaces in Versailles and Chantilly.

      Delete