June 18, 2014

People

On my way to work, there was a woman waiting to cross the street at a crosswalk on a street without a stop sign. I did my duty and stopped for her (which, by the way, is what you are supposed to do), but the oncoming traffic was still plowing through and then two cars behind me decided I was in the way and drove around me to pass. What the hecks, dudes? Are people really that blind or inconsiderate/dangerous? Yes, I did honk at these cars and get upset about it. No, it did not matter.

I went to see The Fault in Our Stars by myself last weekend. Yes, there were tears. Unfortunately, a stranger sat right next to me with a chatty group of friends, so it was kind of hard to focus on the movie or react properly to it, ie. crying with no regard.


One more week until Paris! My mom is already packing up toiletries, and looking at the weather reports, we decided we won't be needing to pack any shorts for hot weather. 65-80 degrees, presumably! I'm going to pick up my brother this weekend, and he will be staying at our house taking care of our kitties and drive us to and from the airport. Meanwhile, after my first excursion to the dentist in three years, I needed a lot of work done, and so with a new temporary crown I am forbidden to eat sticky or hard things until I get my permanent crown when I get back from vacation. Consequentially, I am limited by what I can consume in Paris and London. Sad face. However, good things on the horizon: I am going to be getting Invisalign! Pretty excited about that, although I think that will be a while. I haven't taken the special x-rays to send to Invisalign yet, and won't until I get my permanent crown in. 

It seems like a lot of people at work are leaving this month for one reason or another. One is moving away and four are graduating. For the one that is moving away, we intend to go out for Chinese at lunch time as a farewell meal together. I don't usually go out to places with coworkers, but I figured I probably should in this case. For the other four, cake and ice cream will be served just after we get back from lunch. One of the people leaving this week is Dr Perfect--this is a mixed blessing. I probably won't manage to get it, but I want a picture of him before he goes, because I'm a total creeper.

1 comment:

  1. Great title! In terms of crossing the street, the same thing has happened to me, except I was the pedestrian cars did not stop for. :(

    Best of luck packing.

    ReplyDelete