July 6, 2014

Bonjour and Cheerio!

Cheerio from London! I don't want to make this post all about my entire trip here and in Paris... that will take a lot of time and explanation and PICTURES which you may even be able to browse some of now on the Instagram stream above.

In the meantime, I will share only little things, like how many mosquito bites I got while I slept in Paris. We had to keep the windows open at night to keep the room cool because the air conditioning was insufficient. The only choice we had was between wretched heat and sweat soaked sheets or these damned mosquito bites. One of them welted pretty bad on my wrist. Sad face.

But the architecture in Paris was fantastic! If I ever have enough money later in life to design my own house, it will probably have a Paris inspired roof. All the museums were lovely! But the city itself was pretty dirty and the people were generally indifferent of us, whereas here in London it is very clean and the people are so friendly and considerate and helpful without us even asking. Straight off when my mom and I were looking for directions to our hotel via the underground system, a stranger had us follow him in the train and offer to help us with our bags up and down stairs until he got off on his own station. And it's not like he was hitting on us, he shared that he had a wife and kids. They're just really nice people.

I'm really enjoying the countryside journeys and I hope to incorporate those types of excursions in future vacation destinations. Ireland or Iceland next?

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are great. You've been to/seen such pretty sites. I want to travel! It's cool that you're with your mom. I want to travel abroad with my mom in the future.

    I'm always wary of friendly strangers, specifically men. Just the other day at the train station, my sister was having metro card troubles. A man came and took it from her. I thought he might run away with it. But he just inspected it and then told us that it wasn't working because it was scratched. He then used his own metro card and swiped my sister through the gate, which was very kind. Strangers. Keep your guard up but be open to kindness.

    ReplyDelete