August 19, 2014

Downers

I've come to that awkward moment where the development of my critical eye has surpassed my skill level. I don't like most of the art I have produced anymore. I see all the flaws and things that could have turned out better. It's not a very fun place to be in, nor is it very motivating to continue, yet I still know I want to get a professional grade DSLR camera some day.

The home I'm buying is still in escrow, and yesterday a bunch of people came by the house for home and pest inspection or planning the kitchen remodel. Weirdly, seeing our neighbors next door arrive with their three little kids was a wake up call that everything was actually happening. "Those people are going to be our neighbors." Before I was kind of like, "Weee tra la la la la new home! Packing is fun!", and now I'm starting to freak out a little bit over the prospect of being responsible for maintaining a house and putting the money into doing so. Planning the layout of my living room furniture has been a challenge too, because of a fireplace in the middle of the wall and the orientation of my sectional versus where the television should be.

Meanwhile my mom has been freaking out since day one because she's emotionally attached to our current house. She got so stressed that I had to massage out all the knots building up in her shoulders and neck.

With all of these thoughts going on, plus a couple of coincidental mishaps at work, I started feeling terribly anxious and had a hard time calming down. Pretty sure the coffee jitters didn't help. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment