July 30, 2014

City of Trees

I had always wondered when I was little why my hometown was nicknamed the City of Trees. I was like, okay, we have trees, but other places have trees, too. Greener trees, even. Wondering about that just a couple of minutes ago, I googled it and found that the city has the most trees per capita in the world. What! But then that reminded me of the times I've come back home after long journeys like school in Texas, where I was able to see the city differently than I normally do. Driving down the interstate, I would normally just see the cement of the freeway, but now I see all the treetops lining either side and out in the distance. Instead of seeing the cement of the bridge I'm driving over, I turn my head for once and see how beautiful our tree-lined rivers are. After all this time, I've finally come to appreciate my city and how it really is such a great place to grow up and live.

Anyone looking for an update on the house I mentioned in my last post? We're in a counter-offer war and there's been lots of addendums to the original offer in that we decided to scrap it and start over. The selling agent claimed that everything had become "convoluted", so that's where we are at. Now I'm waiting to see what the sellers will say about our latest offer and hoping they decide to go with it. There isn't much room left to negotiate further now. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment