July 24, 2014

What is happening!

Over the last year or so I've been casually reviewing homes for sale on Zillow and Trulia just for funziez. We all know that I want to move out of the house. The problem has been that my mom isn't comfortable living by herself, and so the only way everyone can get what they want (for the most part) is to move into a large home that can be split into two units.

After walking through an open house of a particular home very close to where I work, we saw a lot of potential for us: a two story house that could be split per floor. The only major renovations to be done at some point on the house include an installation of an upstairs kitchen and a second entrance to the second story via outside staircase and deck. Coincidentally, this deck would provide lots of needed shade on that side of the house. The rest is cosmetic updates to the downstairs kitchen and bathrooms that don't have to be done for years if I can't get around to it for a while. It's on a dead-end and tree-lined street, within walking distance of my work and grocery market. You can imagine how excited I am right meow.

At this very moment, my mom is having her handy dandy and knowledgeable ex husband inspect the home for flaws, so we have an idea of how much we can knock off of an offer we may make. My mom is also going to measure the house to create a floor plan that we can plan renovation layouts off of, however neither of us will have renovation money for a while until my mom manages to sell her current home.

WISH ME LUCK I'M SO EXCITED OMG AM I GONNA BE A NEW HOMEOWNER?


2 comments: