February 25, 2014

Birthday Gift

For the past two months I've been burying a difficult secret to keep, as it is possibly the most exciting gift my mom and brother could ever imagine. I finally got to tell them about it on their birthday this past weekend. We are going to take a sunrise hot air balloon ride over Napa Valley in early May! Surprising as that may be, yes, I can expect shock and awe, but what I did not expect was UTTER TERROR on both of their faces. It never occurred to me that they would actually be frightened to fly in a balloon.


Upon reflection and a good night's sleep, my mom changed her mind about the terror factor and is now truly excited to experience a hot air balloon flight. My brother on the other hand I had no idea developed a fear of heights and will probably need the help of some anti-anxiety medications in order to participate. I'm hoping the two months of mentally preparing himself will be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment