January 16, 2015

Where is the snow?

Well, if you haven't been able to tell from my instagram feed above, the trip to Tahoe was photographically successful! Hooray! I was so pleased with how everything worked out weather-wise and timing-wise in each location. I'm just used to seeing more snow there in the winter; there was hardly any due to the drought this past year, I would assume. Booooo.

But wait, there's more!

My mom finally got to check off three of the major stressers off of her to-do list. 1.) Divorce! Sounds terrible, but it's really not! This process has been going on for 2.5 years and it's finally over and the relief is visible. 2.) Our old home on sale has gotten an offer (two, actually!) the same week we put it back on the market after our fixing it up some more. We did good, sirs, yes, we did. 3.) Ben is moving in tomorrow, and we finally figured out the logistics. Phew. I was wondering how we were going to pull it off.

On the drive back from Tahoe, there were many discussions about what to do for my birthday in two weeks. Originally we wanted to go to San Francisco to one of the restaurants participating in Restaurant Week, but we would want to do something else in SF besides just eating dinner, BUT that means we either couldn't bring my brother along to do something funziez OR not do anything funziez at all. He can't walk around anywhere, really. It's very restrictive and makes us sad about doing fun things when he can't join us. Anyway, the other option we were discussing was a flight down to San Diego for the weekend, but that also seemed silly. I don't know what we'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment