September 2, 2014

New Homeowner

Hooray! As of last Friday, I am officially a brand spankin' new homeowner. My first visit there with the keys in my hand involved lugging a camera around into every room to take "before" photos. We intend to change quite a lot of things cosmetically and some structurally, too, over a very long span of time. This past weekend involved spray painting some of the brass fixtures around the house into more pleasing palettes. We no likey brass fixtures.

The first visit as a homeowner also involved our real estate agent taking silly photos of my mom and me enjoying the house. She left us a gift on the kitchen counters welcoming us to our new home with a bag full of new tools, which we broke in over the weekend.

 

The first major renovation on the list is the kitchen. The existing cubby for the fridge is too small (we are replacing the refrigerator with our own), and there is no ventilation over the stove. This for the most part requires us pulling out the old cabinetry and replacing them with new ones, so we are essentially re-doing the whole shebang. I probably won't ever see it this way again myself: my mom is helping demolish the room today.

 

Don't worry, we are keeping those adorable breakfast nook cabinets.

2 comments:

  1. AH, CONGRATS! This is so cool! I probably watch HGTV too much while I'm home, but I love following projects like this. Can't wait to see the after photos.

    Congrats again!

    P.S. Thank you for your support of me kind of "quitting" Blogger. I hope the post wasn't too ominous. I plan to still read and comment on others like normal. In fact, I might be inclined to comment more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, girl, you just do what makes you happy. :)

      Delete