February 13, 2015

There's a pond in my closet.

I wrote this awesome post about my little trip up to Lake Tahoe, but I still haven't put pictures on it so it's still saved as a draft. Booo!

This past weekend I had suffered my first woe as a homeowner. The water heater burst, but I didn't really find out until I walked into my closet and suddenly my socks were wet. So then there were lots of phone calls and dealings with insurance and home warranties and plumbers and heatvac people and water damage restoration teams. People have been in and out all week. I was sleeping on the couch while hot air was being circulated noisily in my room and taking sponge baths at the sink with water I boiled myself, like the old days. As of now, the floor has been dried and I'm back in my room, but our water heater is supposedly so special that they had to order it from the east coast.

But hey, I'm just excited that it's finally the weekend, that I just got my tax refund, and that I can finally shop for new work clothes. I haven't allowed myself to ever since last summer. Just can't wait anymore! I need the things!

No comments:

Post a Comment